Helping you to deal with emotional or mental pressure

Feeling stressed out? The Tenant Support & Wellbeing Service (TSWS) can help you manage your stress. Providing you with practical information, professional advice, guidance and if required, support-in-the-moment telephone counselling.

Earlier in the year we partnered with TSWS to help support GCHA residents with free support and advice on a range of issues, from personal to financial.

Throughout November, TSWS is focusing on ways that stress can affect people and supporting people to manage their stress before it becomes a problem.

How stress affects us

Millions of people around the UK experience stress and it is damaging to our health and wellbeing. At some point in the last 12 months, 74% of us have felt so stressed that we have felt unable to cope (according to the Mental Health Foundation).

Stress is the feeling of being under too much mental or emotional pressure. When you are stressed, your body releases stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline. Stress is your body’s reaction to help you deal with pressure or threats. This is sometime referred to as a ‘fight or flight’ response.

Your stress hormone levels usually return to normal once the pressure or threat has passed. A small amount can be useful. It can motivate you to take action and get tasks completed. It can also make you feel alive and excited. But too much stress can cause negative effects such as a change in your mood, your body, and relationship issues.


How to access support

The Tenant Support & Wellbeing Service (TSWS) service is available to you around-the-clock. Even if you are just looking for some initial tips, please feel free to call the service for a chat.

The service is a confidential service and it’s free to use. Simply call into the service on the freephone number 0330 094 8845. Alternatively, you can find useful information and support online via the TSWS secure website: Just enter the username ‘gchasupport‘ and password ‘tenant‘.

Please note, the TSWS is not an emergency service. If your need emergency help, please call 999 or visit your local NHS Accident & Emergency department.