Most people want to live in a welcoming, positive community where neighbours get on and people enjoy their homes. Sometimes this doesn’t happen because everyone has different ideas of what behaviour is acceptable.

What is anti-social behaviour?

Anti-social behaviour (ASB) is that which is harassing, or causes alarm or distress to others. It can include drug use, abandoned cars, noise, rowdy or nuisance behaviour, vandalism, or harassment on the grounds of race, sexual orientation or other personal characteristics.

What to do if you experience ASB

We hope you enjoy your home and don’t have any problems with neighbours. If you do, we would always advise you to speak to your neighbour in a friendly way to resolve any problems. Calmly and politely explain to them how their behaviour is affecting you. If other neighbours are experiencing the same problems, try to get their support.

If you have spoken to your neighbour and they are still causing problems, please report the ASB to us. If you experience any behaviour which puts you in immediate danger, please call the police.

How to report anti-social behaviour

Fill out the form on this page and we will be in touch with you to follow up your complaint. The time we take to review your case will depend on the type of behaviour you have experienced, as explained below.

Please report any urgent incidents to the police straight away, and share the crime reference number with us.


  • Hate-related incidents
  • Domestic abuse
  • Physical violence
  • Prostitution/sexual acts/criminal behaviour/crime

Medium priority

  • Noise
  • Verbal abuse
  • Vandalism and damage to property
  • Drugs
  • Substance misuse including alcohol
  • Misuse of communal areas/public space/loitering


  • Nuisance from vehicles
  • Litter/rubbish/fly tipping
  • Garden nuisance
  • Pets and animal nuisance


We will handle your complaint with sensitivity and we will deal with the issue in confidence.

Contact Us

Tel: 01474 369 830


Follow us:

Report an issue