Sometimes you may need to reach out to get extra support in difficult times. Whether you need advice on housing issues, finances, or personal matters, here are some local organisations we work with and other national organisations who can help you.
General financial support
- Kent Savers Credit Union – Helping people across Kent to feel in control of their finances
- Claiming Universal Credit – The government’s guide
- Tenancy Support and Wellbeing Service – Free support about a range of issues
- Samaritans – Offering a safe place for you to talk, any time
- Mind – A mental health charity providing resources and guides
Help in the home
Other support available
Help paying energy and household bills
- Council tax – Following recent government announcements, you may be eligible to receive a council tax rebate for your property. If you’re on a low income, you may also be eligible for a reduction in your council tax bill. Contact your local council for more information.
- You may be entitled to grants and benefits to help pay your energy bills. Citizens Advice has more information on what you could claim.
Help paying water bills
South East Water and Southern Water have a number of ways to help you if you’re struggling to pay your water bills:
Food bank locations
- Kent County Council’s Support and Assistance Service can help you with essential items such as food, utilities and other items, if you qualify. Find out more information on their website.