We pride ourselves on the quality of the services we provide, as well as the unique personal touch we bring as a small housing association.
To make sure we continue delivering to a high standard, we welcome feedback from tenants, prospective tenants, partners and other stakeholders.
Why we welcome your feedback
- Your compliments let us know when we are getting it right
- Your comments tell us what you think
- Your complaints help us to know where we need to improve.
How to give us feedback or make a complaint
You can get in touch by filling out the contact form on this page, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or speaking to someone in our team in person or over the phone.
We hope you never have need to complain, but if you are unhappy with any part of your service from GCHA or our contractors please complete the form below and your complaint will go through the process.
You can also complain to us in person, by sending an email to one of our staff (or email@example.com), send us a letter or talk to us over the phone.
The complaints process
- Your complaint will be dealt with by the member of staff that took it unless the complaint is about them in which case it will be dealt with by their line manager. If your complaint is about the CEO you should proceed directly to stage 3.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 1 working day and give you a
comprehensive answer within 10 working days.
- If we are not able to meet this deadline because we need further information, we will write or email you and advise you of a date when you can expect a full response.
- We will always respond using your preferred method of communication and if
your complaint is upheld, we may offer you compensation in line with our compensation policy.
- If you are not happy with the response you receive you can take the matter further
to the second stage of our procedure within 28 days of the response. If we do not hear anything further, we will consider the matter closed.
- If you are still unhappy with the response to the complaint, the matter will be referred to the GCHA senior management team (SMT). If the complaint is about a member of the SMT, the complaint will be dealt with by the CEO.
- We will contact you within 10 working days of the date of your appeal and let you
know the date you can expect a response from the SMT.
- The SMT will consider your complaint and any evidence put forward by you to support your case and will respond to you within 3 working days of the appeal meeting.
- The complaint will be referred to the Board of Directors who will appoint a panel. We will contact you within 10 working days of the date of your appeal and let you know the date you can expect a response from the board.
- The board will consider your complaint and any evidence put forward by you to support your case and formally record their decision which is binding on behalf of the
If the appeal is not upheld by the board, the resident will be advised that they can refer the matter to the Independent Housing Ombudsman Service:
0300 111 3000
9.15am – 5.15pm, Mon to Fri
Housing Ombudsman Service
PO Box 152
Liverpool L33 7WQ
Following the Housing Ombudsman’s Complaint Handling Code
We’re working hard to deliver the best possible service in line with the Complaint Handling Code. We have completed a self-assessment (as at 23 November 2021), which confirms areas where we are compliant with the Code; it also identifies improvements we need to make.