Supporting Kent Housing Group's "Let's Stay Fire Safe" campaign
Ensuring the safety of our community is a top priority at GCHA, and we rely on everyone’s cooperation to reduce fire risks in our homes. Kent Housing Group’s “Let’s Stay Fire Safe,” campaign provides fire safety advice for both home residents and communal areas in blocks of flats. Here are some essential tips to keep in mind:
- Charging Electrical Scooters: When charging electric scooters, always use the original charger provided and avoid leaving them unattended for long periods. Charging in communal areas is strictly prohibited to prevent any potential hazards.
- Keeping Communal Areas Free: We maintain a zero-tolerance approach towards clutter in communal areas. Keeping these spaces clear of personal belongings and obstructions is vital to ensure quick and safe evacuation during emergencies.
- Avoid Overcrowding: Overcrowding your property with items can lead to increased fire risks. Ensure there is adequate space between furniture and appliances, and avoid blocking fire exits.
- Responsible Use of Power Sockets: Overcharging power sockets with multiple devices can lead to overheating and potential fire incidents. Please use extension leads and adapters responsibly, following the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Candles: While candles can create a romantic ambience, they are one of the leading causes of fires. Always extinguish candles before leaving the room and consider using LED candles as a safer alternative.
- BBQs on Balconies: For safety reasons, BBQs on balconies are strictly prohibited. These devices can pose significant fire risks, and we kindly ask residents to refrain from using them in communal areas or close to the building.