We’re supporting Gas Safety Week 2021 – a national campaign to raise awareness about the importance of gas safety.
Every year Gas Safe registered engineers carry out maintenance and safety checks in each one of our properties, making sure all gas appliances are serviced.
What to do if you smell gas in your home
Follow these simple steps:
- Turn off all gas appliances
- Open all doors and windows
- Don’t use matches or naked flames
- Turn off your gas supply (let us know in advance if you don’t know how to do this)
- Don’t turn on any electrical switches or appliances
- Leave the house
- Call the National Gas Emergencies number immediately on 0800 111 999
Know the six signs of carbon monoxide poisoning
The signs include headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness.
If you suspect there is a carbon monoxide leak in your home, please call us immediately on 01474 369 830.
For more information
Read more tips to stay safe at the Gas Safety Week website.