If you need support to pay your rent, or had a change of circumstances which will make it difficult to pay your rent, please speak to us as early as possible.

It’s important you get in touch as soon as you think you might not be able to make a rent payment. This is because if you fall into rent arrears, you could be a risk of losing your home.

Please check your tenancy agreement to find out whether you need to be making rent payments weekly or monthly in advance.

Are you paying by Direct Debit?

Paying rent by Direct Debit is a convenient, quick and hassle-free form of paying rent.

  • You remain in control of payments because you instruct us to set up the Direct Debit and agree which date the money is paid
  • If any changes are made to the payment (e.g. annual rent increase), we will always tell you in advance
  • Once set up, you do not need to worry about making payments. As long as the funds are in your account, the process happens automatically.

How to set up a Direct Debit

Please contact us at general@gcha.org.uk or call us. We will send you a secure form via Docusign to complete and sign.

Universal Credit: Are you claiming what you’re entitled to?

Our guide to Universal Credit will help you understand if you could be entitled to receive more support.

Read the guide

Find support from elsewhere

Tenant Support and Wellbeing Service (TSWS)

You can get support with a wide range of personal and financial issues with our Tenant Support and Wellbeing Service (TSWS). You can access advice at any time of day, 365 days a year, for help with topics including managing debt, consumer rights, health and wellbeing and more.

To access the service, call 0330 094 8845 or click here and enter the username ‘gchasupport’ and password ‘tenant’.


To see our full list of partners offering general financial support, to help paying energy and other household bills, please see our partners page.